The Constructive Communication in the Workplace (CCW) Certificate Program aims to positively impact the climate and culture of Texas A&M University. Recognizing that communication is a cornerstone of an engaged and productive work culture, CCW offers participants an opportunity to build communication skills that will allow them to more confidently transmit information, express ideas and listen effectively in their daily interactions, and engage in courageous conversations that may occur when conflict arises.
Upon completion of the Constructive Communication in the Workplace certificate program, participants will be able to:
- Develop self-awareness of personal strengths, preferred communication style, and conflict style
- Express ideas and feelings, as well as give and receive feedback, in a constructive manner
- Use a set of interaction process skills to prepare for and conduct discussions that address personal needs while achieving business results
- Manage common situations that contribute to misunderstandings and workplace conflict
- Implement principles of effective communication when engaging in challenging conversations
- Target Audience
The Constructive Communication in the Workplace (CCW) certificate program is for all Texas A&M University employees who desire to increase their ability to engage in effective interactions in the workplace, including successfully communicating with internal and external customers, peers, and supervisors.
All classes, except for the Capstone, can be taken in any order. Note: while there is no time limit to take the required courses, requirements may be periodically updated and there may be no course equivalencies.
- Improving Interpersonal Communication Skills (2111260) (online course)
- Communicating with Impact: Make Your Conversations Count! (2112630)
- Interpersonal Communication Skills (211156)
- Assertiveness Training (211182)
- Lost in Translation: Navigating Intercultural Communication in the Workplace (2111871)
- Conflict Management Skills in the Workplace (2111762)
- Courageous Conversations (2112554)
1Capstone: Once all workshops have been completed, participants will receive a link to an Online Review in TrainTraq and an Independent Assignment. The capstone is intended to reinforce the knowledge and skills they have learned throughout the program. Average completion time is 2 to 4 hours.
Participants receive an invitation to an upcoming Certificate Program Recognition Reception after they have successfully completed all workshops, the Online Review and the Independent Assignment.
- There is an administrative cost of $59 for the entire program. (Additionally, some courses have a small fee for materials and A&M System employees have course registration fees: costs for each class are listed on course schedule page).
- How do I complete the Constructive Communication in the Workplace Certificate Program?
- Once you have completed the required courses in the Constructive Communication in the Workplace certificate program, please save a PDF version of your transcript from TrainTraq and submit it via email to EODinfo@tamu.edu. Upon receipt of your transcript and verification that you have completed all required courses, the program coordinator will send you a link to an Online Review in TrainTraq and an Independent Assignment. When both are successfully completed, you will be eligible to receive your framed certificate at the next Certificate Program Recognition Reception.
- How do I enroll in the Constructive Communication in the Workplace Certificate Program?
Ask your supervisor for approval, obtain your departmental FAMIS account number, complete the Certificate Program Registration form, and register for the individual courses in the program.
Remember, in order to attend the Certificate Program Recognition Reception and be awarded the certificate, you must enroll in the program.
- Additional Information