The Microsoft Office Advanced Certificate Program is designed to help participants develop an advanced level of proficiency with the most commonly used office productivity software. Participants will develop the skills to: create and edit complex spreadsheets; manage mail, contacts, calendar and tasks in Outlook; create advanced and interactive PowerPoint presentations; and design documents in Word that adhere to the Texas A&M University Brand Guide.
Specifically, course topics cover advanced and specialized features of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. Participants will be able to choose between some of the course options to tailor their certificate experience to those Microsoft Office functions that will be most useful to them in their job.
After completing the Microsoft Office Advanced Certificate Program, each participant will be able to:
- Customize program options according to individual or office workflows and preferences
- Organize and manage Microsoft Outlook mailboxes using quick steps, rules, search and sort features, labels, and filters
- Manage calendars, calendar permissions, and meetings using advanced features of Outlook
- Design Word documents and PowerPoint presentations according to best practices for design and formatting
- Store and manage data using a variety of Excel functions and features
- Display content including data artfully and effectively using Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Collaborate with co-workers and colleagues using commenting and track changes features
- Protect, finalize, and package spreadsheets, Word documents, and presentations for distribution or use
- To enroll in the Microsoft Office Advanced Certificate program, participants must have earned or be able to demonstrate the skills required to complete the Microsoft Office Essentials Certificate Program certificate.
- Target Audience
- The Microsoft Office Advanced Certificate Program is for Texas A&M University employees who have a comprehensive understanding of the essential tools in the Microsoft Office suite or who have earned the Microsoft Office Essentials Certificate Program certificate.
All courses, except for the Final Project, can be taken in any order (except those in a specific software track). Note: while there is no time limit to take the required courses, course requirements may be periodically updated and there may be no equivalencies. Please check with your program coordinator to see if an older class will count towards the requirement for the program.
- Microsoft Word 2016: (B) Document Formatting (2112896) (or Microsoft Word 2013 - Functional Formatting)
- Microsoft Word 2016: (B) Enhancing Documents (2112898) (or Microsoft Word 2013 - Visually Enhancing Your Documents)
- Microsoft Word 2016: (C) Long Documents (2112901) (or Microsoft Word 2013 - Functional Formatting)
- Microsoft Excel 2016: (B) Managing and Enhancing Workbooks (2112887) (or Microsoft Excel 2013 - Intermediate)
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016: (B) Enhancing Presentations (2112906) (or Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 – Bring Your Presentation to Life or Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 – Visually Speaking or Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 – Template Design)
- Microsoft Outlook 2016: (B) Managing Email, Calendars, and Tasks (2112903) (or Microsoft Outlook 2013 – Managing Mail and Contacts or Microsoft Outlook 2013 – Calendars and Taking Outlook to Task
- Microsoft Office Advanced Final Project* (average completion time is 8 hours including editing and feedback from the program coordinator)
*The Microsoft Office Advanced Certificate Program requires a final project to reinforce the learning goals and objectives of the program (including performing tasks with files in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
- The cost for the program is $59 plus any individual course fees if applicable (individual course costs are listed on the course schedule page).
- How do I complete the Microsoft Office Advanced Certificate Program?
- Once you have completed the required courses in the Microsoft Office Advanced Certificate Program, please save a PDF version of your transcript from TrainTraq and submit it via email to EODinfo@tamu.edu. Upon receipt of your transcript and verification that you have completed all required courses, the program coordinator will contact you about the Microsoft Office Advanced Final Project.
- How do I enroll in the Microsoft Office Advanced Certificate Program?
- Ask your supervisor for approval, obtain your departmental FAMIS account number, complete the Certificate Program Registration form, and register for the individual courses in the program.
- Remember, in order to receive the Microsoft Office Advanced Final Project and be awarded the certificate, you must enroll in the certificate program.
- Additional Information